I saw this list in someone else's journal and thought it would be fun for me to do and you to read. This list has my commentary of course
1. They never admit their lack of drawing skills. They insist that it's their drawing style.
''Actually, I think straight-up sucking IS my style....''
2. They always make excuses for the poor quality of their works. ''I'm still practicing'' or ''I'm working on it'' are the most common excuses.
''Maybe because it's true. I'm still working and practicing my horrid stuff to make it better... wait.''
3. They draw bad characters with a mouse and tell people they don't have a tablet.
''NOOOOOOOOO... I draw bad characters with a tablet. It's a chair that I lack... ''
4. They always draw heads and faces.
''And tits... Don't ever forget the tits.''
5. Their characters always face the same way.
6. Their proportion is awful.
''Yeah... I think I broke this poor ladies spine... [link] ''
7. Every character looks the same.
''Not really, considering I draw animal people mostly. And they are usually pretty different looking...''
8. They draw the same faces with different hairs.
''Nose hair, back hair, pubic hair, leg hair... you NAME it.''
9.Their characters' angle and direction are very odd.
''Once again I refer you to the shattered spinal column above.''
10. They don't care about the basic drawing.
''HA! ALL art snobs care only for advanced artistry, it's what makes us so sophisticated. In all honesty, though, I don't think I ever got PAST basic drawings..."
11. Others only care about the basic drawing.
''Ok, what is this list smoking? I want some."
12. They have no idea what a layer is.
''OOH!! I know that Shrek and onions have those!! ''
13. They always draw one character(no more than two characters in a single canvas).
'' Well YOU try to kidnap two people! Hard isn't it? Bunnies on the other hand... [link] ''
14. They always draw characters in the same angle.
"In all honesty, I wish I could try more dynamic poses and angles. My works looks way too static to me...''
15. All of their characters have the same facial expression.
16. Static and passive poses; they can't draw characters in dynamic poses.
17. They never draw feet.
''They got me there. "
18. They can't draw figures from high or low angles.
'' I KNOW!! STOP RUBBING IT IN!!"
19. Some of them don't even know the definition of high and low angle drawings.
'' This list better sleep with one eye open..."
20. A horrid figure drawing in dynamic pose can be turned into a 4th dimensional abstract.
'' How is that possible? I wanna do that!"
21. Same character looks totally different when it is drawn in different angle or direction.
" For instance their faces turn red if you hold them upside down for long enough.... weird."
22. They can't draw anything other than characters or draw everything but characters(as apposed to backgrounds, objects, etc.).
" I'm the former... Backgrounds just suck."
23. They always draw cute characters.
'' I'll have to remember that... [link] [link] [link] [link] [link] "
24. They don't know how to draw old people.
'' who WANTS to draw old farts?''
25. They don't know how to draw hands.
'' I can draw hands pretty OK. But I can't seem to positions them right or attach them to the wrists.''
26. Their characters hands are always hidden(because they don't want to draw hands).
WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!! It's wrists I can't draw, remember? I ALWAYS hid the wrists behind the back but NEVER the hands.....wait."
27. The idea sketch is professional but the actual quality is lacking.
"Pffft. EVERYTHING I do is lacking...
28. They try to cover up one of the eyes(most often with hair) so that they only have to draw one eye.
" Eyepatches are for POSERS."
29. Their works are always asymmetrical/symmetrical.
30. Lineart = finished piece
"Because Black and White pieces are NEVER real art. That's why black and white films all suck. Isn't that right Citizen Kane and Seven Samurai?"
31. Rough sketch = finished piece
" I never upload my rough sketches, or any sketches really. That must say something..."
32. They have no knowledge of anatomy.
''I can draw tits just fine just fine, thanks."
33. They only draw eyes.
"Not true. I can only draw tits."
34.The size of the characters eyes and/or boobs are ridiculously huge.
" I can appreciate ALL kinds of breasts.''
35. They love boobs but they don't know how to draw them properly, so they just appreciate them.
'' Oh, FUCK YOU."
36. Their works are free from all logic, awkward anatomy and proportion.
"You just can't accept that I'm a FREE SPIRIT, list. You can't."
37. They lose confidence when other people's works look great.
" Thus I have no confidence... I SUCK."
38. They think they are genius when they come up with satisfied quality.
"I'm hardly ever really satisfied with anything I do, really."
39. They collect other people's works as practice references but in reality they collect them as a collection.
" How.... did you know that? How do you my fave and save habits, you creepy stalker list?"
40. They are not patient enough to practice.
"At least an hour of practice a DAY."
41. They think tablet is the magic wand of art that can make them draw amazingly just by having it.
"OF COURSE NOT!! It's the tablet PEN that is the magical wizard wand of artsy skills."
42. They regain confidence when other peoples works look worse than theirs.
" I mock the poor and down trodden! They kneel to my might!"
43. They are more than willing to draw but lose the spirit very easily.
"So I just steal someone else's spirit with my magical tablet pen."
44. They completely lose the confidence when they see the works of true genius.
" When their morning doodles are better than my 10 hours worth of work I kill a fucking kitten."
45. They only draw once a month or even once a year.
" I'd fucking DIE. How do you starve yourself for that long?!"
46. They get mad when their favourite artists are being lazy.
"When the hell IS the next Lackadaisy strip?"
47. When they draw hentai art, they end up drawing grotesque horror pictures because their proportion is so fucking awful.
"well, whatever gets you off."
48. They don't have faith in themselves.
"Unless they are Jesus."
49. The word 'slump' is their most common excuse for being lazy.
"Mine is 'art block'."
50. They realize their problems and know where to fix them but they never do.
I always practice. I hope you guys got a kick out of this list! GOOD NIGHT.